WE Immunize project offers two ACPE-accredited educational programs to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians at no cost to them.
1. Describe the epidemiology of vaccine-preventable diseases in the United States and identify public health needs.
2. Identify changes to ACIP Immunization schedules for adults in the United States.
3. Apply recent changes to pharmacy based immunization programs.
1. Describe how to routinely identify patients who should or should not receive pneumococcal and herpes zoster immunizations.
2. Select marketing strategies and resources to market immunization programs.
3. Apply communication interventions when recommending immunizations.
4. Discuss ways to enhance the implementation of current pharmacy-based immunization programs.
5. Describe pharmacists' and technicians' involvement in this program.
Multiple modules are presented in Program 2:
1. Understanding pneumococcal and herpes zoster immunizations.
2. Getting patients in the door.
3. Talking with patients about immunizations.
4. Ensuring successful implementation.
5. Moving forward with WE Immunize.